Spinach & Ricotta Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 – 3 handfuls spinach
- 2/3 cup ricotta
- 2/3 cup green peas
For the basil-kale pesto
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup basil
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves (depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Brush with Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Place face down on a casserole dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of your Basil-Kale Pesto ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- When your squash is done baking, us a fork to scrape out the "noodles" into a large bowl. Add in your pesto and spinach and mix until well combined.
- Transfer your pesto spaghetti squash back to the casserole dish and top with ricotta, green peas and salt/pepper to taste.
- Bake for another 10 – 12 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and everything is warm.
Author: Brewing Happiness